OpenAI CEO's ouster was over "breakdown of communications," not "malfeasance"
简介OpenAI CEO Sam Altman's firing was over a "breakdown in communication between Sam and the board ...
OpenAI CEO Sam Altman's firing was over a "breakdown in communication between Sam and the board," and not "malfeasance or anything related to our financial, business, safety, or security/privacy practices," Chief Operating Officer Brad Lightcap wrote in an internal company memo Saturday morning, viewed by Reuters.
The board of OpenAI, the company behind hit product ChatGPT, on Friday pushed out its high-profile CEO Altman, sending shock waves across the tech industry. The company appointed former chief technology officer Mira Murati as interim CEO.
The firing came as a surprise to Altman, and also blindsided many employees who discovered the abrupt management change from the company's public facing blog, according to an X post from Greg Brockman, the former OpenAI president and co-founder.
Brockman quit shortly after Altman was fired. Another senior researcher, Szymon Sidor, confirmed to Reuters that he had quit as well.
"Team - after yesterday’s announcement, which took us all by surprise, we have had multiple conversations with the board to try to better understand the reasons and process behind their decision. These discussions, and options regarding our path forward, are ongoing this morning," Lightcap wrote in the memo.
"We can say definitively that the board’s decision was not made in response to malfeasance or anything related to our financial, business, safety, or security/privacy practices," he wrote. "This was a breakdown in communication between Sam and the board."
"We still share your concerns about how the process has been handled, are working to resolve the situation," he added in the note. "Our collective responsibility right now is to our teammates, partners, users, customers, and the broader world who shares our vision of broadly beneficial AGI." (Reuters-Yonhap)
South Korean stocks opened a tad lower Wednesday ahead of the central bank's rate-setting meeti ...
Semyon Bychkov, chief conductor and artistic director of the Czech Philharmonic, who made his Korean ...
South Korean software startup AI Auction said Tuesday it has launched a tax consultant chatbot calle ...
- BOK likely to keep policy rate unchanged on slowdown, hope for Fed's rate freeze, easing inflation
- AI Auction debuts tax consultant chatbot
- Book records testimonies of bereaved families, survivors of Itaewon tragedy
- [Today’s K
- Hyundai Motor bolsters global partnerships through Expo campaign
- AleXa to perform on Jingle Ball Tour as 1st K
- [Herald Interview] Chile, Korea need to boost global lithium value chain: minister
- Ruling party to launch innovation committee after crushing by
- Opposition leader away in court with critics calling for his departure from party
- 김성원 여의도연구원장 "공천장사 지라시, 허위사실 유포로 고소"
- "위성사진까지 대조한다" 밭에서 4억원어치 보물 캐는 사람들
- Industry minister asks refiners to use fair pricing policy amid Israel
- [Our Museums] Discover wisdom of hanok at Eunpyeong History Hanok Museum
- S. Korea, US, Japan stage trilateral maritime interdiction drills for 1st time in 7 years
- [Herald Interview] Director Lee Chung
- S. Korea, Latin America to discuss ways to boost trade, ICT cooperation
- Samsung Electronics accounts for 84% of Q3 smartphone sales
- Han Kang wins prestigious French award for foreign literature
- Hanwha Ocean to raise capital for wind power business
- Jungkook adopts guerilla tactics for 'Golden' promotion
- 이동관 탄핵땐 방통위 1명 남아, 방송 재승인·재허가 올스톱
- 검사탄핵안 이어…야당, 이번엔 검사 좌표찍기
- CATL reduces gap with LG Energy Solution
- [New on the Scene] Joo Jong
- STX to supply lithium with South American partners
- Korea Artist Prize returns after overhaul
- Han Kang wins Prix Medicis for 'I Do Not Bid Farewell'
- KBS ‘Goryeo
- ‘Feminist’ and ‘mama’s boy’ make the least desirable dates in Korea, survey finds
- "중동사태, 특등 전쟁상인 美 때문"…불법무기상 北 적반하장
- ‘Gyeongseong Creature’ to lead year
- [Herald Interview] Korean 'changgeuk' meets Peking opera
- Investment opportunities in Kazakhstan, South Chungcheong Province highlighted at GBF
- 인요한 "변하든지 죽든지…말 듣지 않으면 매도 들 수 있다"
- Stalking crimes could lead to up to 5 years in prison custody