Trump vows to kill Asia trade deal being pursued by Biden if elected
简介Donald Trump, the frontrunner for the Republican presidential nomination, said on Saturday that he w ...
Donald Trump, the frontrunner for the Republican presidential nomination, said on Saturday that he would kill off a Pacific trade pact being advanced by US President Joe Biden if he were to win the 2024 election and return to the White House.
Speaking to supporters in Iowa, Trump said he was against the regional trade deal being negotiated by the Biden administration with 13 other countries, arguing that it would hollow out US manufacturing and trigger job losses.
Talks on the trade sections of the Indo-Pacific Economic Framework, which is aimed at offering the region an alternative to China's growing trade clout, stumbled in recent days after some countries, including Vietnam and Indonesia, declined to commit to strong labor and environmental standards.
Trump, who withdrew from the Trans-Pacific Partnership trade deal that had been forged with many of the same countries after taking office in January 2017, said he would "knock out" what he referred to as "TPP Two" immediately upon taking office.
"Under the next administration... the Biden plan for 'TPP Two' will be dead on day one," Trump said at a campaign event in Fort Dodge, about 94 miles (150 km) north of Des Moines.
"It's worse than the first one, threatening to pulverize farmers and manufacturers with another massive globalist monstrosity designed to turbocharge outsourcing to Asia."
The Biden administration had hoped to finish key chapters of its IPEF trade initiative in time for this week's Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation meeting. It has vowed to continue negotiating the ambitious deal, but election-year pressures and resistance to tough commitments from some countries make a deal unlikely, trade experts and business groups say. (Reuters-Yonhap)
Volvo on Tuesday launched its latest all-electric sport utility vehicle, EX30, in South Korea, empha ...
China’s economic slowdown could deteriorate more than initially projected, increasing the strain on ...
KCON, the world’s largest Korean culture and music celebration, attracted 23,000 people in Saudi Ara ...
- LS Materials to tap deeper into EV, green energy markets
- Tapas bar explores modern interpretations of kimchi
- S. Korean ambassador says stronger Russia
- S. Korea sweeps up 2 gold medals at stake in recurve team events
- South Korea warns tit
- [Herald Interview] Forever is not impossible: Oneus aspires to global reach with 'La Dolce Vita'
YouTuber suspected of livestreaming after taking drugs
보란듯 제재 무시하며 국제법 준수?…김정은 활용하는 푸틴의 속내는
[Our Museums] Gyeonggi Ceramic Museum shows artistic essence of ceramics throughout history
Seoul shares open lower on Fed, growth woes
Trilateral cooperation unaffected by US election outcomes: Goldberg
Tapas bar explores modern interpretations of kimchi
- 尹 "참모들 앉아있지 말고 현장 가라…나도 민생 더 파고들 것"
- Hanmi Global to host forum on data center construction
- Kingdom introduces last of its 7 kingdoms in 7th EP
- S. Korea's Navy holds regular multinational mine warfare drills
- [view] 민심 더 싸늘해지는데…감동 없는 김기현 2기
- [KH Explains] Why Starbucks' new coupon policy is a big deal in Korea
- Seoul shares open sharply lower on US losses
- Coupang Play seeks turnaround with exclusive content
- Pentagon official touts robust extended deterrence to S. Korea
- Geonwonneung to open for public viewing in fall
- [view] 민심 더 싸늘해지는데…감동 없는 김기현 2기
- 北, 日의 장거리미사일 조기 배치 추진에 “전쟁국가 일본 실체”
- Biden says Hamas must be eliminated, US officials warn war could escalate
- SC Bank Korea CEO nominated for fourth term
- Another suspect of Tajik duo behind S. Korean money exchange robbery nabbed
- US strategic bomber B
- One Store attracts W20b from Krafton
- 이준석, 눈물의 회견…尹대통령 향해 "與 묵언 수행 저주 풀라"
- Hamas weapons, tactics resemble those of NK: JCS
- Yoon lauds rapid growth of Korean defense industry
- [Today’s K
- Gimbap and hanja cramming: Life of Korean Studies students in Paris
- FSC lays out plan to boost pet insurance enrollment
- 윤 대통령 “국민소통·현장소통·당정소통 강화하라”
- HiteJinro to produce soju in Vietnam
- Import prices up for 3rd month in September on higher oil prices
- Celltrion partners with US pharmacy chain for Yuflyma sales
- TvN Sports, CGV to screen Bundesliga’s first ‘Korean derby’
- GOT7’s Youngjae to release 1st solo LP “Do It” next month
- S. Korea set to open largest