[HIT Forum] Innospace champions small satellite renaissance
简介Innospace, the South Korean small satellite and hybrid rocket startup, laid out Wednesday the stride ...
Innospace, the South Korean small satellite and hybrid rocket startup, laid out Wednesday the strides being made in small satellite technology and emphasized the growing role of Innospace in this domain.
"The old space era, dominated by large institutions and national objectives, contrasts sharply with the current landscape. Today, startups and medium-sized ventures with market-driven objectives are shaping the 'New Space Era'. Innospace is at the forefront of this shift," said Jung Hun, the chief technology officer of Innospace, at the 2023 Korea Herald Humanity In Tech or HIT Forum held at The Shilla Seoul.
With projections suggesting the global space market could reach 1,200 trillion won ($895.8 billion) by 2040, up from 440 trillion won in 2020, Hun indicated that Innospace's interests are closely aligned with sectors like space mining, cargo missions and satellite internet. In 2022, 96 percent of spacecraft launches were dedicated to small satellites, emphasizing a trend towards cost-efficiency and adaptability, he said.
While the industry faces challenges in terms of reliability, launch readiness, and various regulatory and developmental roadblocks, Hun expressed hope in Korea's progress in space exploration, particularly pointing to the Korean launch vehicle, “Nuri”.
Hun then elaborated on the significance of Innospace's hybrid rocket technology, specifically their Hanbit series. "This technology, blending the strengths of solid and liquid propellants, offers notable advantages, including safety and cost-efficiency," he said.
A notable development from Innospace is the 3D printed electric pump, designed specifically for their hybrid rocket engine. This advanced pump efficiently manages both liquid oxidizer and solid fuel, leading to several patent acquisitions in countries like Korea, the US and Australia.
Highlighting recent company milestones, Hun mentioned the launch of Hanbit-TLV, which stands for Hanbit Test Launch Vehicle, from Brazil’s Alcantara Space Center this March. "This mission was significant, carrying the SISNAV inertial navigation system developed by Brazil's Department of Aerospace Science and Technology," he said.
On the international front, Hun highlighted InnospAce's global ambitions, emphasizing their partnerships, like the one with Brazil's Alcantara Space Center and ongoing negotiations with Norway's Andoya Spaceport.
Furthermore, he spoke of the company's advanced SISNAV inertial navigation system, developed in collaboration with the Brazilian Air Force, which offers a combination of advanced sensors and computing to monitor motion and position without external references.
Hanbit-TLV is only a part of the Hanbit family of hybrid rocket launch vehicles set for the future. "These vehicles cater to the diverse needs of the small satellite market, and Hanbit-Nano, in particular, is set for a launch in 2024 after a successful test of Hanbit-TLV,” he said.
Hun also discussed the company's broader strategic objectives, emphasizing their diversified business engagements, which span engine manufacturing, commercial spaceport development and various small satellite launch services.
“However, as we gaze into the horizon, our projections are not just about market share, but about etching out our legacy,” he said.
북한이 김정은 북한 국무위원장의 딸 김주애를 ‘조선의 샛별’‘여장군’ 등으로 칭하며 내부적 우상화를 시작했다.자유아시아방송(RFA)은 지난 23일 노동당 조직지도부가 군사정찰위성 ...
Naver CEO Choi Soo-yeon on Friday expressed her satisfaction over the company’s business results reg ...
Foreign Minister Park Jin made a final pitch in France this week to win support for South Korea's bi ...
- Daily Sports Hankook hopes to help stengthen Korea
- Foreign exchange reserves fall for third consecutive month
- Japan returns favor again by flying 15 Korean nationals out of Israel
- S. Korea thanks countries near Gaza for assisting in evacuation of S. Korean family
- Criminal procedures for foreigners in Korea
- Arrest warrant issued for ex
New NZ minister takes oath in English and Korean
Foreign exchange reserves fall for third consecutive month
[New in Korean] Even in city overrun by mold, humans dream of stars, sunsets
LG CNS, NYC, AmCham Korea forge partnerships on digital transformation
Transgender blind spot in hospitalization: NHRCK
[New in Korean] Millionaire dog sponsors human artist in Yun Ko
- US renews concerns over N. Korea
- Culture Ministry offers Suneung takers free exhibitions, discounted performances
- [Herald Review] NCT 127 takes inspiration from ‘Matrix’ for 3rd tour
- Exports gain 2.2% from Nov. 1
- Seoul to push through bill to ban dog meat consumption
- Fifty Fifty's Keena marks group's 1st anniversary with apology
- Exports gain 2.2% from Nov. 1
- S. Korea maintaining stable LNG supply amid Israel
- [Herald Interview] ‘Battery expansion to prompt strong cobalt, lithium trading’
- Prosecutors seek 5
- Incheon Airport passenger traffic to recover during Chuseok holiday
- 야당 29명 반란, 이재명 방탄 뚫렸다
- FSS issues advisories to fisheries cooperatives federation for W50b investment loss
- 합의문도 없는 희한한 북·러 정상회담…결국 비즈니스 관계였나
- "KTX 꼭 타보고 싶다" 했던 김정은 "만족한 합의"…뭐길래
- 한동훈, 체포안 설명 8분 넘기자…“짧게 합시다” “왜 이리 시끄럽냐”
- [이번 주 리뷰]美 Fed 기준금리 동결…이재명 체포동의안 가결(18~23일)
- 49th Seoul Independent Film Festival aims to encourage indie filmmakers working in tough times
- ‘Gyeongseong Creature’ to lead year
- [Herald Review] 'Different, but in harmony'
- STX to supply lithium with South American partners
- Stalking crimes could lead to up to 5 years in prison custody
- 검사탄핵안 이어…야당, 이번엔 검사 좌표찍기
- Journey to Joseon scholars' timeless dwellings
- Jungkook's 'Golden' hits No. 2 on Billboard 200 with biggest
- Kumho Petrochemical comits to net zero by 2050
- KDI slashes 2024 growth to 2.2%
- 신당 추진 이준석 ‘천아용인’과 회동…김용태 “작전 이해 간다”
- 이동관 탄핵땐 방통위 1명 남아, 방송 재승인·재허가 올스톱
- AI in your pocket: Samsung Galaxy S to feature real