您现在的位置是：부모와 아이 >>正文
Opposition calls for Yoon's overhaul of Cabinet after by
简介The floor leader of the main opposition Democratic Party called on President Yoon Suk Yeol on Thursd ...
The floor leader of the main opposition Democratic Party called on President Yoon Suk Yeol on Thursday to take responsibility for the ruling party's defeat in a crucial by-election in Seoul, starting with a complete overhaul of the Cabinet.
Jin Kyo-hoon of the Democratic Party was elected earlier in the day to represent Gangseo Ward in Seoul, defeating his rival from the ruling People Power Party, Kim Tae-woo, by a larger-than-expected margin of 17.15 percentage points.
"The dismissal of the prime minister, the firing of the justice minister, and the withdrawal of unqualified people (nominated for the Cabinet) should be the starting point," said Rep. Hong Ihk-pyo, the Democratic Party's floor leader, during a party meeting.
Although the election only determined who would become one of Seoul's 25 ward chiefs, Wednesday's by-election was widely viewed as a crucial gauge of voter sentiment leading up to the parliamentary election in next April.
"The results of this election represent the people's firm judgment on the Yoon Suk Yeol administration's unchecked authority and signify a victory for the people wishing for a new Gangseo Ward," Hong said.
Hong further urged Yoon to carry out a complete overhaul of the way he runs the government, saying it is time for him to reply. (Yonhap)
- 부모와 아이
Adding to renewed tensions between the two Koreas, North Korean soldiers guarding the truce village ...
- 부모와 아이
Police unveiled a four-year blueprint Thursday for using artificial intelligence technology to predi ...
- 부모와 아이
The global semiconductor industry is struggling to make ends meet amid sluggish demand and price dec ...
S. Korea's English proficiency slips 13 notches to 49th
[긴급진단] 서울 인구 이미 부산의 3배…지역균형발전 포기할 텐가
Iraqi Kurdistan officials visit Korea to glean procurement expertise
Biden picks top Asia aide as nominee for deputy secretary of state
Transgender blind spot in hospitalization: NHRCK
Jungkook welcomes 'golden moment' of his life with 1st solo album
- [Today’s K
- [Herald Interview] ‘Digital paradigm shift to VR will happen 2026’
- Heritage expert You Hong
- Ready meals gain attention at 2023 Coex Food Week
- Will Blackpink renew contract as group?
- 이원욱 “이재명, 최강욱 징계 반발하는 개딸과 이별해야”
- 내년 총선, 정부여당 견제론 44% 지원론 44% '동률' [NBS]
- "최강욱 '설치는 암컷' 발언 뭔 잘못이냐"는 야권 여성인사
- 이준석 "난 박근혜 키즈 넘어섰다…한동훈도 尹키즈 벗어나야"
- PKM Gallery sheds light on Toby Ziegler, Kwon Jin
- [HIT Forum] Innospace champions small satellite renaissance
- 문 정부, 셀트리온에 코로나 R&D 예산 522억 몰아줬다
- LG CNS launches new AI platform for corporate clients
- Yoon, officials strongly condemn Hamas killings as act of terrorism
- N. Korea's Kim, Putin exchange congratulatory messages marking 75th anniversary of diplomatic ties
- Samsung Electronics forecasts Q3 rebound
- Russian, Uzbek nationals under investigation after campsite brawl
- More webtoon
- [New on scene] Kim Chang
- Viviz to drop 4th EP ‘Versus’ next month
- Sejong University ranks 8th among Korean peers in world university rankings for 3rd consecutive year
- 尹 “하마스 무차별 공격 규탄”...척 슈머 등 美 상원 대표단 접견
- Opposition calls for Yoon's overhaul of Cabinet after by
- Lee Hyori returns with 1st new song in 6 years
- HD Hyundai Shipbuilding invests $47m in Estonian fuel cell for green maritime energy
- [HIT Forum] High schooler shares his space dream
- Aespa to return with 4th EP ‘Drama’ next month
- Israleli strikes flatten entire neighborhoods as Gaza faces imminent blackout
- First lady meets with Korean women residing in Japan
- 218 Koreans head home from Israel: Foreign Ministry