Journey to Joseon scholars' timeless dwellings
简介Gotaek, which translates to "old house," signifies a historic family residence.Typically, these home ...
Gotaek, which translates to "old house," signifies a historic family residence.
Typically, these homes were inhabited by the upper class, including scholars, and have been diligently preserved by generations maintaining much of their original form.
The Korea Tourism Organization has selected five gotaek destinations to explore, each with a unique and compelling story to share. The destinations are: Yeoyudang in Namyangju, Gyeonggi Province; Incheon Citizens' Home in Incheon; Myeongjae Gotaek in Nonsan, South Chungcheong Province; Ildu Gotaek in Hamyang, South Gyeongsang Province and Unjoru in Gurye, South Jeolla Province.
Some of these residences offer visitors the opportunity to stay overnight. Guests can immerse themselves in the autumnal ambiance of a historic scholar's home, in harmony with the natural surroundings.
German Ambassador to Korea Georg Schmidt called for enhanced security cooperation, highlighting the ...
Fifty Fifty made it onto Billboard's year-end list of most popular songs as the first K-pop gir ...
이재명 더불어민주당 대표는 23일 최근 최강욱 전 의원의 여성 비하 발언 논란에 대해 “정말로 몸가짐, 마음가짐, 행동과 말을 철저하게 잘 관리해야 할 것 같다”고 밝혔다.이 대표 ...
[Herald Interview] 'Korea strives to set global standards for data protection in generative AI era'
Fifty Fifty enters Billboard's year
[Herald Interview] Cha Seung
[Herald Interview] ‘Digital paradigm shift to VR will happen 2026’
Daily Sports Hankook hopes to help stengthen Korea
[From the Scene] Incheon Airport goes global to Batam, Indonesia
- Hyundai Engineering wins US gas
- Sabre fencer, swimming relay team eye historic medals
- Opposition head pleads for support in ‘fight against Yoon dictatorship’
- [Test Drive] Toyota’s minivan Alphard boasts sedanlike drive
- [Korea Beyond Korea] 'Funding drought jeopardizes interest in ancient Korea studies in US'
- [Book Review] 'Lee Kun
- [Photo News] Mudeungsan fully opens door to public after 57 years
- [Book Review] 'Lee Kun
- 2m Koreans opt out of life
- Samsung Biologics to offer solutions for Kurma Partners' portfolio firms
- Drug crimes in Seoul most common in Itaewon, Gangnam, Hongdae: study
- Exhibition at holy site highlights Catholic presence in Korea
- 尹 대통령, 사우디 국방장관 만나 “국방·방산 협력 심화”
- S. Korea formally accepts WTO deal on fisheries subsidies
- Seoul shares down for 3rd day amid geopolitical tension, high US bond yields
- AmCham delegation to visit Washington this week
- Naver to build digital twin platform for Saudi cities
- Korean delicacy of live octopus leads to choking death of 82
- Yoon's office denies hasty secretary sacking to hide truth
- Chinese restaurant ‘threatened’ by peers for free delivery
- Korean Air to retain Asiana workers after takeover: sources
- Lotte aquarium, activists battle over release of beluga whale
- Gender ministry to discipline 123 parents for not paying child support
- US missionary descendant picked to rescue troubled ruling party
- [Korea Beyond Korea] Berlin, Europe's Korean Studies hub, nurtures next
- Drugs smuggled in through Incheon Airport surge since pandemic: lawmaker
- Seventeen 1st male group this year to top Melon Top 100
- Hyundai partners with Saudi firms to build hydrogen mobility ecosystem
- Touting historic ties with Saudi Arabia, Yoon calls for new partnership for growth