Seoul shares open higher on US gains
简介Seoul shares opened higher Thursday, tracking overnight gains on Wall Street, boosted by dovish comm ...
Seoul shares opened higher Thursday, tracking overnight gains on Wall Street, boosted by dovish comments on interest rates by Federal Reserve officials.
The benchmark Korea Composite Stock Price Index rose 18.59 points, or 0.8 percent, to 2,468.67 in the first 15 minutes of trading.
Overnight, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.2 percent to 33,804.87, and the tech-heavy Nasdaq Composite gained 0.7 percent to 13,659.68.
Fed officials said the US central bank doesn't need to keep tightening as rates are near their peak and it needs to take a wait-and-see approach before raising rates further.
In Seoul, large-cap stocks were mixed across the board.
Market bellwether Samsung Electronics Co. rose 1.6 percent, No. 2 chipmaker SK hynix Inc. climbed 2.1 percent, leading car battery maker LG Energy Solution gained 1.2 percent and national flag carrier Korean Air Co. was up 0.7 percent.
Among decliners, top carmaker Hyundai Motor Co. fell 0.6 percent, No. 3 refiner S-Oil Corp. declined 1.5 percent and the country's sole aircraft manufacturer Korea Aerospace Industries Co. shed 0.4 percent.
The local currency was trading at 1,339.75 won against the US dollar at 9:15 a.m., down 1.05 won from the previous session's close. (Yonhap)
South Korea's Transport Ministry said Tuesday it plans to revise its current ordinance on the o ...
Controversy has arisen over whether visiting Seoul's popular nightlife district Itaewon to cele ...
A woman walking around in a box in southern Seoul's popular Gangnam has sparked criticism onlin ...
Hyundai Elevator, Erbud team up to rebuild Ukraine
S. Korea, US, Japan install trilateral communication hotline amid N. Korea, China challenges
Jeonse scams cause W510b in losses, with less than 25% recovered: lawmaker
김성원 여의도연구원장 "공천장사 지라시, 허위사실 유포로 고소"
Hanwha Ocean developing submarine stealth technology
탄약 찾는 러…국방부 "北컨테이너 적재량, 포탄 수십만발 분량"
- Argentinian politician's old tweet mocking BTS angers fans
- Samsung Biologics quarterly sales hit W1tr for first time
- [Coffee Klatch] Unique mugwort tea latte paired with flower cakes, dango
- 홍준표 "난 죄 지은 것 없다, 인요한 사면 논의 자체가 쪽팔려"
- 카타르 국왕, 내년 방한 수락…“중동 107조 운동장 열려”
- [Photo News] Commemoration for Itaewon tragedy in Gwangju
- Prestige Biopharma eyes complete value chain
- 北 "우간다 이어 홍콩 영사관 폐쇄"…재외공관 철수 행렬 왜
- Posco, HBIS Group complete steel sheet plant in China
- Hyundai Motor’s yearly earnings hit record
- Japan returns favor, flies Koreans out of Israel
- “가자주민 삶 최악…한국지원 절실”
- Corporate direct financing jumps nearly 40% in September
- GS Group, SNU to run incubator program for startups
- Emerging artists unveil works of enduring times at Park Seo
- Exports up 4.6% during first 20 days of October
- [속보] 한국인 163명 이스라엘서 무사히 왔다…서울공항 도착
- Things to note to prevent disputes in international contracts: The critical clause of governing law
- Kakao risks losing management control of Kakao Bank
- Celltrion merger plan approved by shareholders
- Samyang to release tom yum flavor Buldak in US
- Geopolitical risks hold back South Korea's credit rating upgrade:Fitch
- Kangwon Land's wellness facilities offer quiet retreat
- Artifacts with inaccurate information removed from Korean exhibition in Germany
- NewJeans, Ive win first national culture merit
- Extended getbol, Busan wartime capital sites make UNESCO's tentative list
- S. Korea's malaria cases reach highest level in 12 yrs
- EcoPro seeks big leap as global battery materials maker
- BTS’ Jungkook features The Kid Laroi’s new single 'Too Much’
- [KH Explains] Tesla ditching its premium strategy?